Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Why can’t I use a separate apple id for purchases

Earlier I was having two Apple IDs. I and my wife used to make all the purchases through the common Apple ID. We have our separate Apple IDs for our personalized stuff. Now in the recent iOS release I have noticed that I can no longer use the common Apple ID for store and iTunes which is a disaster. How am I supposed to access my shared apple id through which me and my wife made almost all my purchases. How are we supposed to keep our personal account settings when we are forced to use single id. If I and my wife choose our individual ids then how are we supposed to access the id through which we made all the purchases. Please suggest a solution.

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

I am using 2 Apple IDs on an iPad with the most current IOS update. Try going to Settings/iTunes & App Store and sign in there with the joint Apple ID. Works for me.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 12, 2017 6:03 AM in response to odas123 In response to odas123

Apple IDs are not meant to be "shared" by individuals (like a "joint bank account")

See if this helps you overcome the problem that you find yourself with (normally a husband and wife would need only two IDs with one being the administrator)

Family Sharing - Apple Support

Nov 12, 2017 6:03 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: odas123

Question: Why can’t I use a separate apple id for purchases