Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imac screen showing temporary tint

hello, my imac screen has now twice had an issue where i've had a blurry mark that forms (in an unknown span of time but i guess less than a minute cos i didn't even notice it coming on) and then disappears after about 30 mins. Wondering if anyone might know

a) why does this happen

b) is there a repair for this

I'm beginning to wonder if its a warning sign that my screen might have some issues coming up in the near future.

Video to view the issue - https://youtu.be/qbHJFv_489I

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 2:24 AM

4 replies

Nov 12, 2017 4:48 AM in response to Mantravine

Mantravine wrote:

I'm beginning to wonder if its a warning sign that my screen might have some issues coming up in the near future.

My guess is that you're right. A display issue like that can only be caused by a failing lcd panel or a failing gpu. Your best bet is probably to make an appointment and have your iMac checked out.

Nov 12, 2017 5:30 AM in response to Mantravine

Am I certain? No, it's impossible to properly diagnose hardware issues on an internet message board, that's why I suggest taking it in for a proper diagnostic.

Does repairing it at all make sense? You'll have to weigh the cost/benefit of a repair of an almost 8year old mac vs a new machine after you know what that cost is.

imac screen showing temporary tint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.