Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: GarageBand for IOS 10.3

Seams as if the distribution of GarageBand that is available in AppStore is only compatible with IOS 11 (Says so in the release notes).

My device is not compatible with IOS 11, it runs 10.3. However GarageBand appears in AppStore for my device. It is available for download but it won't install (Circle is just spinning). Guessing because of the above reason.

So, how do I find an older version of Garageband that is compat with my OS?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 10.3.3

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 16, 2017 11:02 PM in response to turingtest2 In response to turingtest2

Thank you for the reply.

I have tried that but the version that pops up in AppStore is still 2.3.1. Although stated in the release notes that iOS 11.0 is required GB 2.3.1 is available for my device that is running iOS 10.3 (11.0 not available for 32 bit devices).

Please advice.

Nov 16, 2017 11:02 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 17, 2017 12:03 AM in response to annafromtullinge In response to annafromtullinge

Instead of downloading from within the main app page in store, please check your purchases in your account details.

If you trigger the download from there, it should offer the last compatible build and install fine.

Nov 17, 2017 12:03 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 17, 2017 8:39 AM in response to annafromtullinge In response to annafromtullinge

Hmm, this is how it used to work: Install an app on an earlier version of iOS or OS X - Apple Support.

However that document now has archived status so it may not accurately describe the current state of play. That said I've been able to install several older versions of various apps to an iPad 2 recently, e.g. Numbers & Pages, and it would seem somewhat odd to leave users of otherwise functioning devices in the lurch.

I can only suggest that you contact Apple Support and let them know that you're having trouble installing this particular app on the device in question.

tt2

Nov 17, 2017 8:39 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: annafromtullinge

Question: GarageBand for IOS 10.3