Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

High Sierra logging in

Hi, I had an error in my MacBook while trying to upgrade to Sierra High aI can no longer log in. I’ve tried to restart it in safe mode and to reinstall the software but it’s not allowing me to. Has anyone had this issue and know how to resolve it? Thank you

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 2:28 AM

1 reply

Nov 14, 2017 7:37 PM in response to Mo_h88

Hello Mo_h88,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that after an error during the install of macOS High Sierra, you are not able to log in to your computer. You say you have tried restarting in safe mode unsuccessfully and that you have tried to reinstall the software, with no success.

I would first recommend that you run Disk Utility to search for and repair any issues with your drive. The following link will walk you through running Disk Utility:

Disk Utility Help

Once that has been done and if you are still not able to boot your computer, I would follow the steps in the following article to reinstall macOS High Sierra. I recommond selecting NOT to erase your startup disk.

How to reinstall macOS

Best regards.

High Sierra logging in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.