Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dead pixel in my MBP 2016(MLH12HN/A)

I bought myself a mbp 2016 with touch bar about 3 months back and today while watching a movie I see that there are about 2 dead pixels in my mbp they might be there from since the manufacturing but its not always possible to see it as it is black in colour and hides in the background perfectly and no one looks so closely to the laptop, its in the middle of screen and 1 inch down from the top it's not very noticeable but when watching a full screen movie you can clearly see it ,I had run a couple of tests which confirms its a dead pixel .I am using this in my college and I am very much in love with this thing ,I am totally confused and don't know what to to ,someone pls help me .This is an incredible product with very high potentials .I don't know how I received such a defective piece . and what steps does apple generally take to solve such issues pls tell.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, 4 TBT3), macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 3:39 AM

2 replies

Nov 12, 2017 8:31 AM in response to rajt1999

Hi,

There is only one thing to do. While it's still in warranty, bring the Mac to an Apple Store “genius” bar for a free diagnosis and find out their decision of whether or not they'll replace the display: https://support.apple.com/contact They normally have a set number of pixels that have to be bad and also the location on the display counts. Only they can decide what they'll do about it, if anything.

Jan 6, 2018 4:08 AM in response to rajt1999

Hi,

i have bought the my MacBook Pro 13" with TouchBar Late 2016 on January 2017.

After 3 months I have see firsts pixels dead. In April 2017 the monitor was replaced.

After 6 months, the problem is return with the monitor replaced but now are more pixels dead compared to the first time.

I think is a big problem. Now is on warranty, but when will it end?

Dead pixel in my MBP 2016(MLH12HN/A)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.