Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Nano 7th Playing Podcast problem

Hello. I have a problem about podcast playing. I opened a podcast on my iPod Nano. The podcast's complete duration is 1:23:56. When duration was 56:23, iPod played next podcast. I've checked the podcast file on my computer. PC played the podcast complete.

iPod nano, Other OS

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 3:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 1:33 AM

I was correct then, they are not Podcasts.

It is possible that the original file does have an error in it that causes the issue when the file is changed to Podcast.

Are you going through all this so that your music lessons do not play when you are playing your songs in Shuffle mode? If so, why not simply set each of the lessons to Skip when shuffling?

User uploaded file

Then you can leave the files where they are and avoid all this time you spend on trying to fix the issue.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2017 1:33 AM in response to turkomans

I was correct then, they are not Podcasts.

It is possible that the original file does have an error in it that causes the issue when the file is changed to Podcast.

Are you going through all this so that your music lessons do not play when you are playing your songs in Shuffle mode? If so, why not simply set each of the lessons to Skip when shuffling?

User uploaded file

Then you can leave the files where they are and avoid all this time you spend on trying to fix the issue.

Nov 13, 2017 12:55 PM in response to turkomans

The most likely explanation is that the Podcast file has not copied to the iPod correctly (I've had this happen with music files on my iPod). Try removing the Podcast from the iPod and then adding it back again.

If you have Sync only ticked songs and video selected as part of the Sync procedure, simply un-tick the episode in your iTunes Library, connect and allow the Pod to Sync with iTunes (to remove the episode). Then tick the episode and Sync the iPod once more to put it back on to the iPod again..

Has it made any difference?

Nov 13, 2017 3:14 PM in response to turkomans

turkomans wrote:

I’ve converted to mp3 and synced to iPod for podcast. It has not worked correctly. And than I synced mp3 file for audiobook. Bingo! It has worked correctly.

I'm not sure I understand by "synced to iPod for Podcast" and "synced mp3 file for audiobook". It's one or the other and changing something to a podcast doesn't make it a Podcast (note the difference between podcast and Podcast). The same "audio file" can be assigned (labelled) by the producers as a Media Type of Audiobook and downloaded by you to your computer as an audiobook, or it can be assigned Media Type of Podcast and delivered automatically to your iTunes Library by the Podcast delivery system "as a Podcast". In both media types, the "genre" would be the same, such as "crime thriller" or "historical drama", but the method of delivery to your computer is different.

This is relevant because (in order to work out what the problem is*) it's extremely unusual for Podcasts to be in m4a format since Podcasts are designed to be universal and playable on any media player, while m4a is Apple's own format and not every media player can play them. Every audio Podcast I've ever downloaded is in mp3 format.

So is this a file delivered to your iTunes Library "as a Podcast", or is it something that the provider calls a Podcast but isn't in fact. Is it meant to be an audiobook?

Is it from Audible.com? I understand that Audible have two different formats, of which one doesn't play well in iTunes or on iPods. They don't make it clear which is which.

* Additional text added subsequently by author.

Nov 13, 2017 3:42 PM in response to the fiend

First of all please look at this screenshoot link: https://i.hizliresim.com/PO25ov.png

I've downloaded m4a files. This files was my teacher's lessons. I've not wanted to exist lessons files in music folder of iPod. I've opened iTunes and changed filetype of lessons, from music to podcast. Then syncronized to iPod. I've entered podcasts on iPod menu, played a podcast and had problem. You know this problem. And I've converted files from m4a to mp3. I've opened iTunes and changed filetype of lessons, from music to podcast. Than syncronized to iPod. I've entered podcasts on iPod menu, played a podcast and had problem. You know this problem. Than I've opened iTunes and changed filetype of lessons, from music to audiobook. Then syncronized to iPod. This files played correctly.

iPod Nano 7th Playing Podcast problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.