Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I buy AirPods?

I am still hesitate whether I should buy a pair of AirPods, what do you guys think?

Any current user that can comment on AirPods?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 5:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 8:44 AM

The AirPods are definitely not the best but I must say they are the most versatile wireless option out there. For my uses most of the time I still prefer to hear the outside world whether I'm out for a walk, bike ride or sitting in an airport. AirPods provide very little noise isolation or cancelling. Some call this a flaw, I call it a feature, for this you lose some audio quality. Even then they have exceptional audio for what they are. I would say the audio quality is a little better sounding than the wired EarPods. If you are looking for top audio quality with noise isolation they will not standup against in-ear sound isolation type ear buds. For my ears the in-ear buds will only stay inserted for maybe an hour before they start to work their way out. The AirPods can be used for hours, I have yet to have one fall out. Since they have no wires I would say they stay in my ears a little better than the wired EarPods. As well, since they have little noise isolation they are great when I'm at airports waiting for announcements. If I'm listening to podcasts or audiobooks I can leave one in the case charging while still wearing one.

AirPods do lack a lot of control most wireless and wired type remotes offer though. Removing one pod for pause works OK. I also changed the double tap to play/pause as well since I'm not much of a Siri user. There is no volume control and I didn't find using Siri as a very good work around either. I'm sure Apple has more control in the works for future models. I will be picking up an Apple Watch soon which may also be a good work around for more controls.

I travel quite a bit. For pure comfort and noise reduction I have my Bose QC35 noise cancelling headphones for trains and planes. For grass cutting , you can't beat the BeatsX, they sound pretty good too for just music listening. But for probably 80-90% of the rest of the time I use my AirPods and they're always in my pocket. I highly recommend AirPods for the most versatile earbud there is.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2017 8:44 AM in response to fattyfei

The AirPods are definitely not the best but I must say they are the most versatile wireless option out there. For my uses most of the time I still prefer to hear the outside world whether I'm out for a walk, bike ride or sitting in an airport. AirPods provide very little noise isolation or cancelling. Some call this a flaw, I call it a feature, for this you lose some audio quality. Even then they have exceptional audio for what they are. I would say the audio quality is a little better sounding than the wired EarPods. If you are looking for top audio quality with noise isolation they will not standup against in-ear sound isolation type ear buds. For my ears the in-ear buds will only stay inserted for maybe an hour before they start to work their way out. The AirPods can be used for hours, I have yet to have one fall out. Since they have no wires I would say they stay in my ears a little better than the wired EarPods. As well, since they have little noise isolation they are great when I'm at airports waiting for announcements. If I'm listening to podcasts or audiobooks I can leave one in the case charging while still wearing one.

AirPods do lack a lot of control most wireless and wired type remotes offer though. Removing one pod for pause works OK. I also changed the double tap to play/pause as well since I'm not much of a Siri user. There is no volume control and I didn't find using Siri as a very good work around either. I'm sure Apple has more control in the works for future models. I will be picking up an Apple Watch soon which may also be a good work around for more controls.

I travel quite a bit. For pure comfort and noise reduction I have my Bose QC35 noise cancelling headphones for trains and planes. For grass cutting , you can't beat the BeatsX, they sound pretty good too for just music listening. But for probably 80-90% of the rest of the time I use my AirPods and they're always in my pocket. I highly recommend AirPods for the most versatile earbud there is.

Nov 16, 2017 4:19 AM in response to fattyfei

If talking on the phone is important - go for AirPods. If listening to Music with Noise cancelling is important, go for BeatsX. When using BeatsX fully inserted, trying to talk on the phone is very strange (atleast for me). I hear myself through my bone structure and its hard to have a conversation, so I have to loosen the BeatsX. I think I am going to get AirPods - but then I like the connection between left and right earphones in the BeatsX. It keeps it from falling off. I am really on the fence about it.

Should I buy AirPods?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.