Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you get into iOS 11? so I can adjust settings.

I'm not able to edit photos, now. How do I get into settings, when using iOS 11? Photo was taken with iPhone 7.

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 5:00 AM

3 replies

Nov 12, 2017 5:29 PM in response to rilar

Hey rilar!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. I can appreciate that some of the interface behaves a little differently in iOS 11, and that might be confusing. Let me see if I can point you in the right direction:

Edit your photo in seconds

You can create photo masterpieces right on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. After you take your photo, open it in the Photos app and tap User uploaded file. Then you can adjust your photo's size, angle, light, and more. If you don’t like how your changes look, tap Cancel and you can revert back to the original.

Enhance instantly

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Auto-enhance will instantly improve your picture’s exposure, contrast, saturation, and other qualities. It's the fastest way to make your photo even more amazing.

Crop and straighten

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

You can drag the corners of the grid tool to set your own crop, then move the wheel to tilt or straighten your photo.

User uploaded file

Apply filters

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Tap to experiment with your device's built-in photo filters. Give your photo a different color effect, such as Vivid or Drama. Or try classic black and white looks like Mono and Silvertone.

Adjust light and color

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Use the smart slider to find just the right lighting and color. Or tap User uploaded file , then tap User uploaded file and a menu of individual tools lets you make precise adjustments.

Take and edit photos with your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Those are the steps to edit, as well as the different types of photo editing, you have access to in iOS 11. These same steps apply to Live Photos as well. Just in case you aren't too familiar with Live Photos, check this out: Take and edit Live Photos - Apple Support

Those links should take care of you, but be sure to let me know if something isn't covered in the articles, or if you're having issues with the steps the articles outline.

Cheers!

how do you get into iOS 11? so I can adjust settings.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.