Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete multiple emails

I'm trying to manage the storage on my iPhone 6, which indicates that Mail is using more than 2GB of storage on my phone. Is there a way to delete the emails in bulk? I don't see a way to "select all" other than marking all as read or unread.

And a related question: If I delete emails from my phone, will they remain on my desktop computer? My email accounts are IMAP.

iPhone 6, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 6:59 AM

2 replies

Nov 12, 2017 7:37 AM in response to FH678

You can't delete multiple emails other than they lengthy way you have described.

If you are syncing emails through iCloud and you delete from your phone, they will also disappear from your desktop and vice versa. If you want to keep certain ones on the phone, make a folder and use the file symbol to transfer them.

Nov 12, 2017 7:56 AM in response to tynegal

I don't think I described a lengthy method, other than implying that I would have to delete 2GB of email messages individually. I take it that's what you're referring to. I don't think I'm synching via iCloud. I don't use iCloud email. But my understanding of IMAP accounts was that the messages stay on the server, not the device where they're viewed. Am I wrong about that? When email messages come into my phone and desktop computer, do they then reside on those devices? I thought I had to create folders, like you mention, to "save" them to a particular device.

delete multiple emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.