Related Article

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Help!

My iPhone still comes up with the error message that I am no longer connected to an internet connection even after trying all the steps on the Apple help website. And when I try connecting my iPhone to my computer iTunes says that my phone is up to date (it obviously isn't) I've run out of options. Can someone help me?

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 13, 2017 5:49 AM in response to PatriciaKeli In response to PatriciaKeli

Hello, PatriciaKeli!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post that you are getting an error when you try to update your iPhone 6 plus over a Wi-Fi connection, and iTunes is saying your phone is up-to-date when you try to update that way. I know it's important to make sure all your devices are up-to-date, and I'm happy to help.

Have you ever participated in the Apple Beta Software Program? If so, then that might cause your computer's iTunes to think the phone is up-to-date. Go to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management. If you find an iOS Beta Software Profile installed, delete the profile. Then restart your iPhone and try again.

If you don't find a profile there, then have a look at some of the suggestions in this article. It mentions the error you said you're getting, regarding no longer being connected to the internet: Get help with over-the-air iOS updates

Let us know how that goes.

Have a great day!

Nov 13, 2017 5:49 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: PatriciaKeli

Question: Help!