Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to silence outgoing "send" sounds?

iPhone 7, version update 11.1.1 How does one disable outgoing "send" sounds in message, facebook, etc.? I mean, I KNOW I just sent it!? It should be just as easy to turn off as incoming notification sound is without having to silence whole phone with vibrate or such. Maybe it is easy to turn off and I just can't find it. If so, then it should be easy to find the control to turn it off; like same place where you turn incoming alert sounds on!! These outgoing beeps and whooshes are VERY annoying to people around me, or to wife trying to sleep. I don't get it.

GQ

iPhone 7, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 9:06 AM

you mean "settings" / "sounds & haptics"....? Don't have just ..../ "sounds".../ And, in "sounds & haptics" i don't see a "sent mail" selection. I only see the following:

-------------------------

Ringtone..... opening>

Text Tone.....note>

New Voicemail....tritone>

Calendar Alerts....chord>

Reminder Alerts...chord>

Airdrop....note>

------------------------

Keyboard Clicks....on/off

Lock Sound.... on/off

--------------------------

System Haptics... on/off

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2017 9:06 AM in response to x64uk

you mean "settings" / "sounds & haptics"....? Don't have just ..../ "sounds".../ And, in "sounds & haptics" i don't see a "sent mail" selection. I only see the following:

-------------------------

Ringtone..... opening>

Text Tone.....note>

New Voicemail....tritone>

Calendar Alerts....chord>

Reminder Alerts...chord>

Airdrop....note>

------------------------

Keyboard Clicks....on/off

Lock Sound.... on/off

--------------------------

System Haptics... on/off

Nov 12, 2017 9:12 AM in response to Briansyddall

Tks, Brian. Will download. See my other reply to x64uk below. Don't see a "mute" selection. I know the rocker switch works. I just don't get (like in Facebook App) that the internal "messages" APP that comes with the phone along with all other pre-installed inherent Apple apps installed with a new phone don't have specific sound controls in an easy to find place within each app. This is frustrating.

GQ

How to silence outgoing "send" sounds?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.