Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: How to silence outgoing "send" sounds?

iPhone 7, version update 11.1.1 How does one disable outgoing "send" sounds in message, facebook, etc.? I mean, I KNOW I just sent it!? It should be just as easy to turn off as incoming notification sound is without having to silence whole phone with vibrate or such. Maybe it is easy to turn off and I just can't find it. If so, then it should be easy to find the control to turn it off; like same place where you turn incoming alert sounds on!! These outgoing beeps and whooshes are VERY annoying to people around me, or to wife trying to sleep. I don't get it.

GQ

iPhone 7, iOS 11.1

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 12, 2017 8:57 AM in response to gquist51 In response to gquist51

PS... I mean without silencing whole phone with rocker switch. Why isn't there a "theatre" mode like on Apple Watch? Only having "do not disturb" doesn't hack it.

Nov 12, 2017 8:57 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 12, 2017 9:06 AM in response to x64uk In response to x64uk

you mean "settings" / "sounds & haptics"....? Don't have just ..../ "sounds".../ And, in "sounds & haptics" i don't see a "sent mail" selection. I only see the following:

-------------------------

Ringtone..... opening>

Text Tone.....note>

New Voicemail....tritone>

Calendar Alerts....chord>

Reminder Alerts...chord>

Airdrop....note>

------------------------

Keyboard Clicks....on/off

Lock Sound.... on/off

--------------------------

System Haptics... on/off

Nov 12, 2017 9:06 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 12, 2017 9:12 AM in response to Briansyddall In response to Briansyddall

Tks, Brian. Will download. See my other reply to x64uk below. Don't see a "mute" selection. I know the rocker switch works. I just don't get (like in Facebook App) that the internal "messages" APP that comes with the phone along with all other pre-installed inherent Apple apps installed with a new phone don't have specific sound controls in an easy to find place within each app. This is frustrating.

GQ

Nov 12, 2017 9:12 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 12, 2017 9:16 AM in response to gquist51 In response to gquist51

It sounds like we are talking about the same place - I checked my original advice on a 6s - I'd not have been surprised that the menu item is renamed (a quick visit to the IOS 11.1 manual confirmed it has been), but removing the "Sent Mail" sound setting is bizarre!

Nov 12, 2017 9:16 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: gquist51

Question: How to silence outgoing "send" sounds?