Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"My Albums" disappeared from Photos app

I use Itunes on my updated Ipad Pro 2016 model to sync some photos from my PC into my Ipad. It works before, but now, all my "my albums" in the Photos app disappeared! The strange thing is that all the photos can still be seen in the Photos and Memories tabs.

If I try to use a 3rd party app like Documents then use it to view my Photos in the Photos app, suddenly the "my albums" appear visible in that app.

This feels like a bug and I have no idea how to fix it because I tried turning my cloud on and off and re-syncing because apparently, turning it on, deletes the synced photos from the PC.

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2017 6:57 AM

Update: Managed to fix it by telling iTunes NOT to sync photos (and agreeing it could remove all the photos from my phone - which was fine as they're all stored on the computer) and applying, and then telling it to sync all photos & syncing again. Albums are now back. Still annoyed that it happened though!

4 replies

"My Albums" disappeared from Photos app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.