Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can You Use A Freinds Active Or Used Sim Card For Sprint To Get Passed Activation Screen On Iphone Just To Use As An Ipod?

I Purchased A Iphone 6s and I Believe it is for sprint I purchased it couple years ago and used it as an ipod without a sim card and I decided to factory reset my iphone just to start brand new again once i try to use it again it asks for a sim card and just to make sure what company the iphone is from because i believe its from sprint as i remember but im not sure so i decided to check out the Imei number on the phone to see what company its from and it turns out the person who sold it to me reported it lost or stolen in that case its blacklisted but thing is i dont want to use it with a carrier i just want to use it as an ipod on wifi but i need a sim card to activate it and my question is basically can i borrow a freinds active sim card for sprint to just to get passed the activation screen so i can use as an ipod eventhough the iphone is blacklisted also what is the best option to get passed the activation screen to use a active sim card or a used disabled sim card just to unlock it to use an ipod ?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 8:20 AM

11 replies

Nov 12, 2017 8:57 AM in response to SanIkerGodOfGolies

Nope. Not even as an iPod. You are in possession of a device that was reported stolen. That happens to be a crime...

Turn it over to the police and give them all the information you have on the person you got it from. Chances are they reported it stolen and had it replaced by insurance, in which case they are guilty of insurance fraud. The only other real option is that they sold you something they knew was stolen from someone else, making them guilty of receiving stolen property if not theft.

Can You Use A Freinds Active Or Used Sim Card For Sprint To Get Passed Activation Screen On Iphone Just To Use As An Ipod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.