Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 8 Plus audio crackling on iOS 11 (not during a phone call)

This has been happening ever since I got my 8 Plus. Easiest way to replicate for me is:

• Play something in Apple Music
  • Go to Twitter app and scroll through feed (or any app that has auto-playing video that is muted)
  • When the video starts playing, my music crackles for a second then returns to normal. This repeats every time I scroll past a video and it starts playing in the Twitter app.

This crackling happens with any app that has auto-playing video, it also happens randomly when using the system in general.

I can't tell if this is a remnant of the crackling issue during phone calls on the 8 Plus. Interested to see if anyone else is experiencing this.

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 9:12 AM

4 replies

Nov 13, 2017 6:34 AM in response to modares

Hi modares,

I understand you are experiencing some crackling noises while going past an auto-play video or just while using the phone in general. I can see how this would be of a concern. I'd be happy to help you with this. Since this has been on-going since you purchased your iPhone 8 Plus, was the iPhone set up as a new device, or from a backup? If it was set up from a backup, I'd like to have you make a fresh backup of your iPhone and then restore the device to factory settings.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings

Once it has been set up as a new device, please test this issue and see if the crackling noise you've been experiencing has gone away.

Let me know how that goes and if you are completely up to date with iOS 11.1.1.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a good day!

iPhone 8 Plus audio crackling on iOS 11 (not during a phone call)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.