Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone x itunes syncing unchecked songs

Hello. I am a long time apple user, but not very technically inclined.
My itunes on my G5 is set up for my iphone X to ; Sync only checked songs and videos.
However, When i go to put my phone on shuffle, it has full albums i've downloaded, but only wanted certain songs.
Please help. 🙂

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 12:51 PM

I am assuming you have Apple Music, in which case music is synced between your devices through iCloud Music Library and therefore unfortunately the check songs and videos function will not do anything. Instead, on your iPhone, you can hold on a song and click Remove, then Remove Download which you will have to do for every song you wish to remove from your iPhone. You can then go to Library tab on the Music App, click edit, then add Downloaded Music, then click Done. Now you can click on Downloaded Music and then only see songs that are downloaded locally.

However, if I am wrong about assuming that you have Apple Music, reply so I can assist further.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2017 12:51 PM in response to jimmydeuce330

I am assuming you have Apple Music, in which case music is synced between your devices through iCloud Music Library and therefore unfortunately the check songs and videos function will not do anything. Instead, on your iPhone, you can hold on a song and click Remove, then Remove Download which you will have to do for every song you wish to remove from your iPhone. You can then go to Library tab on the Music App, click edit, then add Downloaded Music, then click Done. Now you can click on Downloaded Music and then only see songs that are downloaded locally.

However, if I am wrong about assuming that you have Apple Music, reply so I can assist further.

iphone x itunes syncing unchecked songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.