Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Custom Sounds In Producer Kts

Hi, first post to this forum. Many thanks in advance. (and sorry if this is answered somewhere already, I couldn't find it).

Once I have recorded a drum track using producer kits, can I change out the individual drum sounds with other samples I have on my computer? (i.e.- can I switch the kick drum out with another kick sample I've purchased)

If so, how is this accomplished?

Thx!

Logic Pro X, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 9:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 9:35 AM

There are a few options, but you can NOT do it using Drum Kit Designer (DKD) itself. However, the neat thing is, if you substitute your DKD instance on your Drumtrack with an instance of the EXS24 sampler, the drumkit you had loaded in DKD will be automatically loaded into the EXS24 sampler; and that kit you can edit (=swap out samples). You'ld have to wrap your head around the mappings though.

User uploaded file

You can replace the DKD with any software instrument that can produce drumsounds (I use Kontakt drum libraries (Abbey Road series) most often). You just have to adhere to mappings of the Drummer Track when doing that, if you want the controls to correspond. But otherwise it leaves you completely free to use your own samples.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2017 9:35 AM in response to MattUrmy

There are a few options, but you can NOT do it using Drum Kit Designer (DKD) itself. However, the neat thing is, if you substitute your DKD instance on your Drumtrack with an instance of the EXS24 sampler, the drumkit you had loaded in DKD will be automatically loaded into the EXS24 sampler; and that kit you can edit (=swap out samples). You'ld have to wrap your head around the mappings though.

User uploaded file

You can replace the DKD with any software instrument that can produce drumsounds (I use Kontakt drum libraries (Abbey Road series) most often). You just have to adhere to mappings of the Drummer Track when doing that, if you want the controls to correspond. But otherwise it leaves you completely free to use your own samples.

Custom Sounds In Producer Kts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.