Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where have Network Diagnostics gone?

Before I upgraded to High Sierra when I was having problems connecting to websites there was a Diagnostics button in System Preferences/Network that allowed me to check if the connections to my ISP and the Internet were working OK. Sometimes I found that the ISP connection was OK but there was a problem with my ISP's connection to the Internet.

Now that I'm running High Sierra there is no Diagnostics button. Has it been removed or does it appear somewhere else?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1), iPad Air 2, iPhone 7 +

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 3:02 PM

Yes. I just chatted with apple about this and she confirmed that for some unannounced and/or unjustified reason Apple decided to remove it. All you can do now is option click on the wifi icon in the menu bar and access for me at least a list of worthless wifi options rather than the internet connection "real" status which for this iMac is via ethernet. Further, according to the chat lady, there is no 'approved' way to go back to macOs 10.12, so one's only option is to complain at:

Product Feedback - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2017 3:02 PM in response to RobbieSnr

Yes. I just chatted with apple about this and she confirmed that for some unannounced and/or unjustified reason Apple decided to remove it. All you can do now is option click on the wifi icon in the menu bar and access for me at least a list of worthless wifi options rather than the internet connection "real" status which for this iMac is via ethernet. Further, according to the chat lady, there is no 'approved' way to go back to macOs 10.12, so one's only option is to complain at:

Product Feedback - Apple

Where have Network Diagnostics gone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.