Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airpod only working in one ear on macbook

Hi All,

I have an airpod, which works perfectly with my iPhones.

Earlier I had no issues with my MacBook pro (mac os high sierra 10.13.1), but at the moment it only works with the right ear.

When I connect it to the Macbook sometimes in the first sec I can hear both ears, but louder and in a bad quality, after that, it automatically changes to the right ear. Sometimes there is a crackling sound for a few secs. Both ears work technically so I can stop / skip the song etc... But only right ears working properly / left is deaf.

It seems to be a software problem.

I tried to forget the device and reconnect it, also I tried to reset airpod (with holding the bottom button for a longer time), and also I restarted the MacBook. Same issue...

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Peter

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, iOS 10.3.2, 10.12.15 version - updated

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 9:17 AM

There are no replies.

airpod only working in one ear on macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.