Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Portrait mode in Photos app bug

I am on High Sierra, 10.13.1, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), 4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB 1867 MHz DDR3.

I have discovered that all my portrait mode shots taken on my iPhone X that came to the Photos app through Photostream came in with portrait mode disabled. When I went to edit them, I turned on the Portrait mode, and the effect mask was misaligned. As you can see in these other two modes, studio light and stage light, it seems that the effect mask is rotated 90º counterclockwise and stretched to fit the proportion. It does this to every Portrait mode photo I have taken. Is it just me, or does anyone share this unfortunate problem?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 10:26 AM

7 replies

Dec 18, 2017 10:19 PM in response to LarryHN

In the world I have worked in for last 35 years if an existing bug was resolved as “fixed” but then identical symptoms reappeared in a later software version it’s called a “regression” and the same bug is reactivated otherwise any new report is closed as a “duplicate” of the original.

But I’m sure you’re totally right. Merry Xmas.

Portrait mode in Photos app bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.