Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Notification center issue - text hangs out of box

iOS 11.1.1 (and 11.0) caused recent messages in Notification Center to overhang the container boxes. I searched and can’t find anyone else complaining of this. Anyone have any ideas??

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 13, 2017 8:10 AM in response to TCgun In response to TCgun

Hello TCgun,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that notifications on your lock screen hang over the edge of the notification. First, turn off lock screen notifications and restart your iPhone. Then turn lock screen notifications back on and see if the issue persists. The following articles will provide you with the steps to toggle the lock screen notifications and restart your iPhone:

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Nov 13, 2017 8:10 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Dec 28, 2017 8:06 PM in response to johnpdang In response to johnpdang

I’m in the same boat. Apple seems to be silent on this, and it’s been persistent through several updates. It happens with any notification, randomly. This includes iMessage, Gmail, CNN Updates, etc... Sometimes they work fine and other times it’s an issue. I recently upgraded to an 8 Plus from a 6S, and the problem disappeared as you’d expect it would, but only for a few days. Now it’s back and seemingly worse (more frequent).

Dec 28, 2017 8:06 PM

Reply Helpful

Jan 9, 2018 2:37 PM in response to Krioni In response to Krioni

So I actually went to Apple with this, and the genius told me he could solve it. First he had me back up to iCloud, because according to him this was better than an iTunes backup in case my backup was the cause of this notifications problem. I explained my photos don’t back up everything to iCloud but he said it would be fine. Then he plugged my phone into one of their computers, held sole of the phone’s in some configuration that was a three letter acronym, which supposedly is even more of a reset than just a hard reset, waited for that, which iTunes seemed to be managing, and then restored from iCloud and said All Done! Well, an hour later notifications started being buggy again, and now it’s the same, if not worse. Oh, and the kicker is I’ve lost my entire camera roll because I listened to him even though I knew better...

Jan 9, 2018 2:37 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: TCgun

Question: Notification center issue - text hangs out of box