Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification center issue - text hangs out of box

iOS 11.1.1 (and 11.0) caused recent messages in Notification Center to overhang the container boxes. I searched and can’t find anyone else complaining of this. Anyone have any ideas??

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 8:10 AM

Hello TCgun,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that notifications on your lock screen hang over the edge of the notification. First, turn off lock screen notifications and restart your iPhone. Then turn lock screen notifications back on and see if the issue persists. The following articles will provide you with the steps to toggle the lock screen notifications and restart your iPhone:

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Best Regards.
37 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2017 8:10 AM in response to TCgun

Hello TCgun,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that notifications on your lock screen hang over the edge of the notification. First, turn off lock screen notifications and restart your iPhone. Then turn lock screen notifications back on and see if the issue persists. The following articles will provide you with the steps to toggle the lock screen notifications and restart your iPhone:

Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Dec 28, 2017 8:06 PM in response to johnpdang

I’m in the same boat. Apple seems to be silent on this, and it’s been persistent through several updates. It happens with any notification, randomly. This includes iMessage, Gmail, CNN Updates, etc... Sometimes they work fine and other times it’s an issue. I recently upgraded to an 8 Plus from a 6S, and the problem disappeared as you’d expect it would, but only for a few days. Now it’s back and seemingly worse (more frequent).

Jan 9, 2018 2:37 PM in response to Krioni

So I actually went to Apple with this, and the genius told me he could solve it. First he had me back up to iCloud, because according to him this was better than an iTunes backup in case my backup was the cause of this notifications problem. I explained my photos don’t back up everything to iCloud but he said it would be fine. Then he plugged my phone into one of their computers, held sole of the phone’s in some configuration that was a three letter acronym, which supposedly is even more of a reset than just a hard reset, waited for that, which iTunes seemed to be managing, and then restored from iCloud and said All Done! Well, an hour later notifications started being buggy again, and now it’s the same, if not worse. Oh, and the kicker is I’ve lost my entire camera roll because I listened to him even though I knew better...

Jan 22, 2018 7:18 AM in response to MelMillr

This is crazy that there hasn’t been any Apple support on this. Every day half of my notifications look terrible and are illegible. How is this still a thing? Apple, please get back to us. I’ve had my photos deleted by an Apple employee while he was trying to fix this and now I’m without 2 weeks of memories and still have this issue. This isn’t acceptable.

Jan 24, 2018 3:22 PM in response to TCgun

For what it's worth, the issue seems to be resolved for me since yesterday's IOS 11.2.5 update. Knock on wood, but this is the first 24 hours I've gone since September 2017 without seeing a message hanging out of the box.

Anyone else notice a change?

If it's actually fixed, I'm going to take credit for writing the email to Tim Cook...

Feb 7, 2018 1:00 PM in response to Leanne_68

I'm having this same problem. It seems to come up for a couple days every few weeks. Restarting, hard restarting, accepting or clearing all the notifications, force-quitting the notifying apps, and turning notifications off/on all have worked occasionally but not worked many more times. There seems to be no systematic solution to this - my problems do still persist. I'm on an iPhone 7 running iOS 11.2.5, but this has been going on for at least a few subversions, perhaps for a half a year or more.

Feb 20, 2018 2:55 PM in response to WiAire

After a long and unsuccessful trip to the Apple store, and 4 hours on the phone with AppleCare (literally, I added all the call times up), the engineers are “working on it”. I escalated this as much as I could and eventually went back to the Apple store and convinced them to give me a new phone. This was last night. I’ve been enjoying everything working the way it should, the way it is advertised; until about noon today (18 hours into getting the phone). I’m so fed up. Especially at how hard it was just for them to do something for me, giving me a new phone to try. You talk to these people with an issue and they just want more and more from you, and tell you to stand by. 4 hours of my time not including the first Apple visit plus screen sharing my Mac, and until I really got mad, all they said was they’d get back to me. This isn’t how premium companies/brands operate. If I got a Patagonia jacket and the pocket zipper kept getting stuck, they’d send me a new jacket ASAP and say sorry for the inconvenience. Apple just puts you down and ***** all the info they need from you. Everyone, please spend the time calling and bugging the **** out of this company so we can help each other, getting them to wake up. The last guy I talked to tried to tell me some line about how just bc I say there are a lot of people with this issue, doesn’t mean in the grand scheme of it all it’s a large number. Well it does if you’re one of those people!

Notification center issue - text hangs out of box

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.