Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Amazon App On Apple TV

Does anyone know when the Amazon app will be on Apple TV?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 10:46 AM

5 replies

Nov 12, 2017 11:17 AM in response to vazandrew

Thank you for your response I am sorry if I broke the rules it was not my intention. I am new to Apple TV and thought I might have misunderstood what I had heard about Amazon finally coming to Apple TV earlier this year. I will try to be patience and continue to watch all my previously purchased Amazon content on my old Roku until Amazon gets their act together. Again thank you for your help.

Nov 12, 2017 11:22 AM in response to technogranny777

Not a problem, and you didn't break any rule. I was merely pointing out that if another user answered by providing speculation then that would be against the forum terms of use.

The announcement you were referring to was when Apple said Amazon would be releasing an app later this year. No release date was given and it's still November so all we can do is wait. In the meantime you can also use airplay to view content from the Amazon app via Apple TV if you own an IOS device.

Dec 25, 2017 1:47 AM in response to technogranny777

Long time coming but Amazon Prime Video is now available on Apple TV under the “Prime Video” app that launched on December 6 2017.

Apple's set-top box is one of the last platforms to support the Amazon Prime Video app, which is now available on third, fourth, and fifth-generation Apple TV models.

Movies and TV shows in Amazon Prime Video can be added to your Watchlist, which is synced across all of your devices, and the Apple TV's Siri Remote can be used to search for Amazon content from within the app.

Universal Search is also supported, so Amazon Prime Video content will come up in systemwide searches on the Apple TV, and integration with Apple's dedicated TV app is included in countries where the TV app is supported, with access to Up Next syncing and content recommendations.

Integration with the TV app is nice, as is Universal Search, because both features let you access Amazon content without needing to use the Amazon Prime Video interface.

For the 4K Apple TV and supported television sets, supported Amazon Prime Video content plays in 4K HDR.

I have a 3rd Gen Apple TV set to update automatically, and the app appeared automatically.

Amazon App On Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.