Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I sent a book I am writing in Pages to icloud

Once in iCloud, I found the file was no longer in my Documents folder on my Macbook Pro. I go to iCLoud and it will let me 'download a copy'. Download a copy?! So I 'download a copy' and put it in my Documents folder where the original belongs. Then I click to open it and IT WILL NOT OPEN until I update my version of Pages. So I go to the app store and click update, wait 2 1/2 hours to the twirling gear, and nothing happens. So I go to the superspeed internet location I often use, still nothing happens.

Good thing I have double redundant backups for all my files, hey?

I choose not to update Pages and not to use iCloud because I prefer to house the origianls, not copies, of my work on my own hard drives and backup systems.

Amen

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 12:34 PM

2 replies

Nov 12, 2017 12:58 PM in response to Billwebbmusic

You are not preaching to Apple here, as the Pages product team neither reads or responds to post here. It is a user-to-user support community. If you want to share with the Pages team, select Provide Pages Feedback from the Pages application menu.

You do not mention your specific version of Pages, but if you are using Pages '08, '09, or v5.0 - v5.2.2, any document opened by Pages for iOS, or Pages for iCloud will by default, not be backwards compatible, and you may receive a dialog from Apple about updating your version of Pages.

I sent a book I am writing in Pages to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.