Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage keeps saying waiting for activation

im trying to turn my imessage on but for some reason itll give me the option to use my apple id for imessage so ill click sign in, but then it never loads and so it will not work. it was just on the other day and somehow got turned off so i just wanted to know if there was anything that i could do to make it work. thank you.

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 11:43 AM

2 replies

Nov 12, 2017 11:56 AM in response to Frankiecaniglia3

Hi,

You have posted in Mountain Lion

This is the OS version that first had Messages.

The most common cause of Messages 7 (It continued from iChat 6) is the lack of a Serial Number that can be read by the OS.

This can be caused by the Mother/logic board being replaced and the Serial Number not "Flashed" back to the new board.

Use the Apple Logo menu top left and then About this Mac

The version number line can be clicked and it will change twice it will change form OS X 10.7.x to numbers an letters on Apple's own numbering system for the OS and then to the Serial Number.

Don't post the Serial Number just let us know if it is there.

You can get similar issue with later version of the OS if the Mac User account is Migrated to the new computer.

In this case open Keychain Access and delete the IDS item that lists your Apple ID and the words Auth Token (IDS: YourApple ID-AUth Token)

Restart Messages.

If those are not the answer then use this Users Tip When the iMessages account will not Login

User uploaded file

7:56 pm Sunday; November 12, 2017

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Sierra)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 iPhone 6 iOS 11.x and an iPad (2)

imessage keeps saying waiting for activation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.