Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: itunes very slow and can't connect to store, finally "fixed" by rolling back to 12.6.2.20. Wondering if win 7 x64 is obsolete with Itunes...

The problems appeared after an ITunes update, and were corrected by installing the previous version. Before rolling back ITunes I had tried:

-netsh winsock reset

-re-installing all Apple software

-adjusting firewall and disabling antivirus

-ITunes repair

-network adaptor update

-synchronizing the time

-enabling various component services

Info: Intel Pentium D 3.2 GHz, 4GB Ram, 64 bit

Network: Intel PRO/100 VE Driver 8.0.47.1 (11/17/2007)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 12, 2017 3:39 PM in response to lpeterso In response to lpeterso

Not sure why you couldn't connect to the iTunes store, but iTunes 12.7.1.14 is compatible with Windows 7. Here are some steps you can try:

If you can't connect to the iTunes Store, iBooks Store, or App Store - Apple Support

Nov 12, 2017 3:39 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 12, 2017 8:31 PM in response to javaliga In response to javaliga

Tried many fixes under the impression that it was a problem with my computer. But the fact that everything worked again after rolling back to a previous ITunes version would seem to indicate that the problem has to do with the update. In fact the 12.7.xxx update comes with quite a few changes, hence the discussion and (temporary) solution from a related apple page :Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates after trying all of the above steps.

At any rate, searching on-line has revealed many other people with similar lack of connectivity between ITunes and Windows 7 x64,I was hoping maybe to get a sense if there were any new breakthroughs and/or a new update in the works.

[In context though, this whole thing stems from my not replacing devices more frequently, and not wholeheartedly participating in a disposable world or growing the economy etc;)]

Nov 12, 2017 8:31 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: lpeterso

Question: itunes very slow and can't connect to store, finally "fixed" by rolling back to 12.6.2.20. Wondering if win 7 x64 is obsolete with Itunes...