Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 11.1.1 update eliminated Blue Tooth connectivity to my Audi MMI system.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? BTW, it worked perfectly on my iPhone 8 prior to this most recent update.

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 12:19 PM

Hello snorkdog,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to use your iPhone with the stereo in your Audi. To help resolve this issue, please follow each of these steps, including contacting Audi for available updates for your car stereo.

If you're using Bluetooth

1. Check your car stereo's user manual for how to pair with a Bluetooth device.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth, and turn off Bluetooth. Wait for 5 seconds, then turn Bluetooth back on.
  3. Restart your iOS device.
  4. On your iOS device, unpair your car stereo. On your car's display, unpair your iOS device and any other devices. Restart your car and your iOS device, then pair and connect again.
  5. Update your iOS device.
  6. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.
  7. If you still can't connect, contact Apple Support.

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo

Cheers!
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2017 12:19 PM in response to snorkdog

Hello snorkdog,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. If I understand correctly, you are unable to use your iPhone with the stereo in your Audi. To help resolve this issue, please follow each of these steps, including contacting Audi for available updates for your car stereo.

If you're using Bluetooth

1. Check your car stereo's user manual for how to pair with a Bluetooth device.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth, and turn off Bluetooth. Wait for 5 seconds, then turn Bluetooth back on.
  3. Restart your iOS device.
  4. On your iOS device, unpair your car stereo. On your car's display, unpair your iOS device and any other devices. Restart your car and your iOS device, then pair and connect again.
  5. Update your iOS device.
  6. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.
  7. If you still can't connect, contact Apple Support.

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo

Cheers!

IOS 11.1.1 update eliminated Blue Tooth connectivity to my Audi MMI system.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.