Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hi. my albums and playlists are stuck on shuffle. how do i change the settings to play in order.

User uploaded file

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 4:50 PM

Tap on the song that is playing near the bottom of the screen, then scroll down and tap the Shuffle button:

User uploaded file

7 replies

Nov 23, 2017 9:53 AM in response to GW93

Sorry but this is STUPID .... if you want to listen to an ENTIRE symphony on a playlist WHY in heck would I want to SHUFFFFFFFFLLLLEEEEE it!!!!!!

This is typical Apple nonsense... things should be simple .... instead it is idiotically complicated...

I have a playlist it should play without my having to jump around .... this is one of the reasons that I HATE what is going on .... you could simply play something and then CHOSE to jump around.....

Sorry this is so kluge filled it is pathetic.

Nov 23, 2017 2:57 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Can you please post it again. I cannot seem to turn "Shuffle" off on iTunes on a Windows 10 desktop.

iTunes was once a singularly elegant application/solution. It really suffers from developer bloat.

I'd like to make a simple dance list, re-order songs quickly/easily, check off a list in the playlist to delete unwanted songs from it quickly and easily, and then add new songs in the order I want, then simply play them in that order. It used to be so simple!

Jan 6, 2018 6:05 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks, this worked for me. It was driving me crazy that I couldn't figure it out...and I couldn't find a reference to it searching Apple app Support either.

Anyway, it seems that based on a couple of comments, some folks didn't realize you can toggle the "shuffle" on or off from that second screen. Your video looks like your turning the shuffle button 'on' not 'off.' But once one tries it, it clear that's the way it works.

hi. my albums and playlists are stuck on shuffle. how do i change the settings to play in order.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.