Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WhatsApp and FaceBook Messenger Voice Calls do not work with iPhone X

All,

My wife and I received our iPhone X's just 4 days ago. After going through and getting everything working we found something very important that does not work. Voice Calls through WhatsApp and FaceBook Messenger Fail each and every time.

The same apps work fine with our iPhone 7's on the latest, 11.1.1 IOS. However with that same IOS, 11.1.1, and the iPhone X the Voice and Video Calls drop as soon as they connect. This is repeatable 100% of the time. I opened a case with Apple Support and they said, uninstall and then reinstall the App. I did this with them on the phone and the issue still exists. They then said that you can tray to Reset All of your settings, they have no idea if it will work but said that is the only thing that can be attempted and then they said if that does not work then the companies that made the app will have to develop an update to work with the iPhone X.

Does anyone else have this problem ? If so, please report it to Apple and to the WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger companies so they will fix this ASAP.

Thanks

Steve

iPhone X, iOS 11.1, updated to 11.1.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 1:44 PM

2 replies

Nov 18, 2017 1:24 AM in response to Snolen58

Hello Steve.

For days have been trying to find someone with the same problem and finally here I find you.

I do have the same problem with my new iphoneX and I also reported the issue with both Apple and WhatsApp 10 days ago to see what was going on, and this is the answer I got from WhatsApp.

Thanks for your message.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We are aware of the issue and we are working on fixing it in a future update of WhatsApp. Unfortunately, we can't comment on any future release dates at this time.

well, I got a new update of the app 2 days ago and the problem haven’t been fixed,

so I tried to contact them yesterday again and the answer was that they had already giving me an answer to that issue... so it might be a solution to that, but we don’t know when.

I am contacting Apple today again because this is not clear to me. iPhone X has the same software as my iPhone 6 and how is possible that this is happening..

also, my Mac is not recognizing my iPhone 10 when I want to send information using Bluetooth.

Nov 22, 2017 8:45 AM in response to Snolen58

I have similar problem, whatsapp, skype, messenger audio calls are working, but not video. I believe IOS in my phoneX is corrupted. Finally get it corrected.

steps:

1) back up your phone, only data and no apps

2) download latest itunes

3) disable find my phone in X

4) launch itune connecting to phone X. run restore iphone (took about 10+ minutes, as itune will pull down the latest ios for X)

5) upon complete, choose setup as "NEW" phone, using icloud ID will get your data back in

6) reinstall all apps (whatsapp, FB, messenger, skype etc etc)...

7) customize your X as desired

WhatsApp and FaceBook Messenger Voice Calls do not work with iPhone X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.