Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I turn off Touch ID for free apps?

I apparently set it up so that even with free apps I have to use my password or Touch ID. Is there a way to turn this off? I found a place on the Apple website that talks about this, but it says if you’ve already turned on Touch ID you won’t see the option to turn it off. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 2:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2017 3:38 PM

Thank you for your comment. I was able to figure it out. I just went to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Toggled off iTunes & App Store > Tapped my Apple ID > iTunes & App Store > Password Settings > Toggled off “Require Password” under “Free Apps” > Back to Touch ID & Password > Toggled on iTunes & App Store. Hopefully this will help someone else. It was really getting to be a pain for me, so I’m hoping that all the time I spent trying to figure it out will save someone else some time! ♡

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2017 3:38 PM in response to Eric Root

Thank you for your comment. I was able to figure it out. I just went to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Toggled off iTunes & App Store > Tapped my Apple ID > iTunes & App Store > Password Settings > Toggled off “Require Password” under “Free Apps” > Back to Touch ID & Password > Toggled on iTunes & App Store. Hopefully this will help someone else. It was really getting to be a pain for me, so I’m hoping that all the time I spent trying to figure it out will save someone else some time! ♡

Can I turn off Touch ID for free apps?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.