Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do not understand why I have hundreds of user template files.

I was looking around through my computer and I found I did not have access to user template files. I realized that I could get access to them by dragging them to my desktop to make a copy without damaging anything. Im focused on not deleting my computer needs to run. HOWEVER - there are hundreds of files in the user template folder and I do not have any other users besides myself and a guest account - which will not seem to go away (separate issue)

Anyway - of the 180-something files in this user template folder, there were a couple patterns and folders I was highly suspicious of that I did my best to diagram below.

(file set 1)

"Non localized" - I don't have any shared anything. I do not wish to. What does this mean?

(file set 2- in the folder for each ??'language'??)

"Audio" >

"Midi drivers">

"Digidesign"... Who is this? I may have downloaded 3rd party plug-ins for music production purposes and I now want to delete them all. How can I go about this? Am I over reacting?

"VST"

"Component"

"plug-ins"

"sounds"

User uploaded file

I have no idea what I'm doing or how to get answers so I came here. I bolded everything I really wanted answers to, but I'm also open to other solutions. Thank you for taking the time to read this-

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.6), various 3rd party sound design VST

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 1:36 PM

1 reply

I do not understand why I have hundreds of user template files.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.