Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is "Memory Clean" by FIPLAB safe?

I've been a Mac user since 2014, so, as my sons would say, I'm a "NOOB"! I've been reading various questions and responses and one thing seems to be consistent, that is, macOS doesn't need any "HELP" managing the system.

This is my system:

User uploaded file

This is the app in question:

User uploaded file

I found this app shortly after I started with my Mac through either MacWorld, OSXDaily or CultofMac. I figured since it was being recommended by sites devoted to Mac it must be a good idea. Now I'm not sure. I'm looking for constructive information while I try to learn more about my Mac.

Peace!

Mike

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1), 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 1:45 PM

4 replies

Nov 12, 2017 1:52 PM in response to OldGoat58

No, it's not necessary. Whether or not it's harmful is something I couldn't tell you as I would never use something like that. The Mac OS manages its own memory quite well.

Why do you thing you need to "clean" the memory on your Mac? Are you experiencing problems?

It's important to keep in mind that they sites you mentioned are ad supported. That means there could be potential conflicts of interest when they recommend things like that.

Nov 12, 2017 2:16 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

When I first started using Memory Clean I was still in my late 2012 Mac mini with 4 GB ram and when I upgraded from Mavericks to Yosemite I had sluggish performance. Right around that time this app was recommended and it seemed to help. When I learned to use Activity Monitor I noticed memory pressure was regularly running in the yellow. I upgraded the memory and that helped.

Not unlike Windows, it seems with each successive macOS update more and more processes seem to be taking system resources. I moved the app over the my current system when I set it up but after reading the advice in the forums it maybe time to park it.

Is "Memory Clean" by FIPLAB safe?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.