Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Apple Watch iPhone 5S Compatibility

I have an iPhone 5S and was looking at buying the new iWatch. But looking at the specifications Series 3 with Cellular says that it requires iPhone 6 or above, whilst Series 3 non-cellular requires iPhone 5S or above.

My question is whether the Series 3 with cellular will work at all with an iPhone 5S? It's got a better spec (I'm fine with not being able to use cellular with an older phone, but double storage makes it better) and would be ready to go cellular if I did buy a new iPhone in the future. So would I be able to use everything apart from the cellular with an iPhone 5S or will it refuse to sync and get started at all?

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Hi

No, Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) will not work at all with iPhone 5s.

An iPhone 6 or newer model is required, running the latest version of iOS 11.x:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Posted on

Page content loaded

Question marked as Solved

Nov 13, 2017 3:22 PM in response to ZeroState In response to ZeroState

Hi

No, Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) will not work at all with iPhone 5s.

An iPhone 6 or newer model is required, running the latest version of iOS 11.x:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Nov 13, 2017 3:22 PM

Reply Helpful (1)

Dec 2, 2017 2:20 PM in response to Jonathan UK In response to Jonathan UK

Could you perhaps supply us iPhone 5s users with an explanation as to why the iWatch Series 3 GPS + Cellular won't work even if the iPhone 5s is running OS11? I don't need the cellular function, but I might in the future when I eventually buy a new phone. If there was a technical reason why it won't work, then I might think about buying a new phone, but I haven't seen one.

Dec 2, 2017 2:20 PM

Reply Helpful (2)
User profile for user: ZeroState

Question: Apple Watch iPhone 5S Compatibility