Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just ordered an Apple Watch 3 from my cell carrier. After the order was placed they said my watch has a new phone number. I was under the impression that the watch would simply use my existing cell

Apple Watch Series 3

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 2:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 4:25 PM

Hi

Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) is not locked to any specific carrier and has a built-in eSIM that copies information from the iPhone's SIM card.

The built-in cellular features require a carrier plan for your iPhone that specifically includes support for Apple Watch, including the carrier activating the device on the plan:

Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

Once the feature has been set up, your Apple Watch uses the same phone number as the paired iPhone.

Follow the instructions here to set up the built-in cellular feature:

If you need assistance, then I suggest that you contact your carrier in the first instance.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2017 4:25 PM in response to Grundler

Hi

Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular) is not locked to any specific carrier and has a built-in eSIM that copies information from the iPhone's SIM card.

The built-in cellular features require a carrier plan for your iPhone that specifically includes support for Apple Watch, including the carrier activating the device on the plan:

Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

Once the feature has been set up, your Apple Watch uses the same phone number as the paired iPhone.

Follow the instructions here to set up the built-in cellular feature:

If you need assistance, then I suggest that you contact your carrier in the first instance.

I just ordered an Apple Watch 3 from my cell carrier. After the order was placed they said my watch has a new phone number. I was under the impression that the watch would simply use my existing cell

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.