Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't sync to iPhone 7

Hello,

I am using the latest version of iTunes on a late 2015 MacBook Pro (10.13) with an iPhone 7. I have a subscription topple music, but I have disabled iCloud music library on on my MacBook Pro and my iPhone. I like to use Apple music to find new music but I purchase what I like.

My iPhone has not been able to sync for months. All of my smart playlists which are essentially sorted by date added are jumbled. What's weird is that the third party Sonos app detects the proper order and displays the proper order, even when the native music app does not. I have tried manually deleting all the music from my iPhone and re-adding it. But even as I type this post I can see that over 1000 songs from my library at will not be syncing to the device. (They are grayed out with a dotted circle.) What's more I can see old apple music songs still displayed in the music app, with a download arrow icon to the right.

I regularly and download remixes and other tracks unavailable on iTunes. I would like to be able to sync my device the old school way via USB without any syncing issues.

Thank you in advance for your help and insight.

iPhone 7, iOS 11.1, null

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 4:01 PM

3 replies

Nov 12, 2017 6:53 PM in response to Mobile Blues

Thank you for your reply. I just did a backup, restore, and restore from backup (recommended for erratic sync issues in other threads). All songs are now synced, but playlists are still not syncing properly. Example: My last 6 months playlist has 314 songs on my Mac, 264 on the iPhone view in iTunes, and 54 on the phone itself.

I confirmed all songs are checked.

iTunes won't sync to iPhone 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.