Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: MacBook Pro 10.13 autocorrect dictionary missing English third-person verbs?!?!

Has anyone else had problems with their autocorrect not recognizing third-person English verbs? I installed an add-on to Dictionary, which is called Dictionaries, but I'm pretty sure that I noticed this problem even before I installed the add-on. For example, if I type "begins" into Mail, Pages, or TextEdit, the word is underlined in red, and I have the option of instructing the OS to "learn spelling" because it only recognizes the dictionary headword "begin" in the first- and second-person forms but not in the third-person form "begins". I sent out an email with the word "begins" and after re-reading it I realized that the dictionary autocorrected it to "beings"! However, I do not have the same problem in MS Office applications.

One other item worth noting is that the Apple dictionary does not return any results on either my new laptop or my old MacBook Pro 10.8.5. Both my old and new laptops are using the New Oxford American Dictionary and the Oxford American Writer's Thesaurus.

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13), null

Posted on

Page content loaded

There are no replies.
User profile for user: Sarah Anderson

Question: MacBook Pro 10.13 autocorrect dictionary missing English third-person verbs?!?!