Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Bootcamp Partition Error.

Hi, I deleted my windows partition via Disk Utility, then I reverted my Mac partition back to 1TB. (regular size) But now, it still says I don't have 1TB on my mac, it says only the partition that I used to have. It shows a gray part in the disk, look at the images I put. Can anyone help?User uploaded file

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

The following command merges the faulty Recovery HD into macOS. You will lose Recovery HD. The order of the disks in the following command is critical, otherwise you will lose data.

diskutil mergePartitions jhfs+ "Macintosh HD" disk0s2 disk0s3

and post the output of

diskutil list

Posted on

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Nov 14, 2017 5:07 PM in response to MJmC113 In response to MJmC113

BCA is incorrectly calculating the size because of the incorrect Recovery HD size.

Either you need to erase the whole internal disk and restore from TM, or re-install macOS from Internet Recovery after merging the incorrect Recovery HD into the macOS partition. If Internet Recovery offers a macOS version older than what you currently you have on the internal disk, do not install it.

See About macOS Recovery - Apple Support for reference.

Nov 14, 2017 5:07 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 27, 2017 3:13 PM in response to chaoticgrape In response to chaoticgrape

We can do two things.

• Revert the CS volume to get a HFS+ volume, and,
  • Erase/Merge the bad Recovery HD. This will leave you without a Local Recovery option. To get it back, you can re-install the same version as you currently have which will rebuild it, without modifying your non-OS files.

Let me know if you want to do this, and I can give you the exact commands to run.

Nov 27, 2017 3:13 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: chaoticgrape

Question: Bootcamp Partition Error.