Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I add a link to text that is in a pop-up menu?

Numbers for Mac, I want to add a website link to multiple text in a pop-up menu, for instance I have a list of chemicals in a pop-up list and I want to be able to click on them and that will take me to their safety website, I know how to make this happen in a norm cell but a popxup list wont let me highlight the text.

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 4:33 PM

2 replies

Nov 13, 2017 12:08 PM in response to sanimmo

Hi sanimmo,

I like SGIII's idea. Here's an expansion of it that might be more suitable for your situation, where I suspect the URLs are longer that ths used in SG's example.

User uploaded file

Here the menus (Column A of Main) contain only the names of the sites or pages you want to link to. These names and the links associated with them are listed as a lookup table (Links), which may be placed on another sheet, if desired.

Note the two links to openstreetmap.org. The first will open a map page—either the last one visited from this computer or the 'home' location in England, depending whether there's a cookie on your machine recording the last visit.

The second is to a specific location—44.5298° N 110.3192° W—and is rather long to include as an item on a popup menu, similar to what would be required to open the specific page containing the safety data for a specific chemical on your list.

All Data on Links is directly entered, either via the keycoard, or by copy/paste in the case of the urls.

Main contains the formula shown, entered into B2, then filled down to the rest of the cells in column B.

Main::B2: IF(LEN(A2)<1,"",VLOOKUP(A2,Links::A:B,2,FALSE))

The core part of the formula is shown in bold. The rest is a switch used to prevent calculation (and an error message) in rows where column A is empty.

Regards,

Barry

PS: For the curious, here's the link to the OSM at Yellowstone:

www.openstreetmap.org/search?query=44.5298%2C-110.3192#map=10/44.5298/-110.3192

B

Can I add a link to text that is in a pop-up menu?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.