Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iphone 6s stop progressing on apple logo

iphone 6s stop progressing on apple logo, i updated the iphone 6s by iTunes but didn't change any thing...

i want my data's plz help me

tnx

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.1

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 13, 2017 11:55 AM in response to raouf.e In response to raouf.e

Hey raouf.e!

I understand you're having some trouble updating to the latest version of iOS. It looks like you've already tried some good troubleshooting, which we appreciate. When it comes to an update getting stuck before completing, there aren't many troubleshooting steps you can take. Instead, we have more of a checklist of items you can ensure are creating the optimal updating environment for the iPhone. Check them out:

If the update doesn't complete

If you're installing the update, the progress bar might appear to move slowly. The time an update takes depends on the size of the update and the number of files on your device.

When you're updating over the air, keep your device connected to a power source. If your device runs out of power, connect it to a power source and turn on the device to let the update or restore complete.

If the update never completes and the progress bar hasn't moved for an extended time, try restarting your device. Learn what to do if your device appears frozen or won't start.

Get help with over-the-air iOS updates - Apple Support

If nothing listed there is helping, we'll need to proceed with the iTunes update, which means I'll need to know more about what happens when you try. Are you updating following these exact steps:

Update your device using iTunes

If you can’t update wirelessly on your iOS device, you can update manually using iTunes on a computer that you trust. If your computer is using Personal Hotspot on the iOS device that you’re updating, connect your computer to a different Wi-Fi or Ethernet network before you update.

1. Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
  2. Connect your device to your computer.
  3. Open iTunes and select your device.
  4. Click Summary, then click Check for Update.
    User uploaded file
  5. Click Download and Update.
  6. If asked, enter your passcode. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do.
Update the iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Does it fail whenever you try to start that? If so, does it fail with an error message? If so, let me know what that exact error message is so I can help isolate what's causing it. Just keep me updated so I can help you get to the bottom of this.

Cheers!

Nov 13, 2017 11:55 AM

Reply Helpful

Nov 16, 2017 9:53 AM in response to raouf.e In response to raouf.e

Thanks for keeping us updated. Since that didn't work, we'll need to make sure the computer is running the most current software version available by checking here if you're using a Mac , and here if you're using a PC . You'll also want to make sure that you have the most current version of iTunes available: Update to the latest version of iTunes - Apple Support

This last item is more common among PC users, but if you're using a third-party security software, often times they'll have a built-in firewall that can create problems when iTunes tries to connect with our servers, so make sure you temporarily disable the firewall before starting the update in iTunes. With that out of the way, it's time to start the update:

That should be all there is to it, but if you're run into problems updating this way, make note of any error messages you get. iTunes is designed to report specific information about the reason behind an error, so knowing the exact message usually indicates why it happened, too.

Just keep me posted so we can continue working together if need be.

Nov 16, 2017 9:53 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: raouf.e

Question: iphone 6s stop progressing on apple logo