Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restrictions Passcode

I recently downloaded the iOS 11.11 software. Now my restrictions passcode isnt working. How do I reset my iPhone to factory settings (deleting all codes) without being able to turn off the "find my iPhone app"???

iPhone 6, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 5:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 6:20 PM

See the following from Use parental controls on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

and use the link in the excerpt for further details:

If you forget your Restrictions passcode, you need to erase your device, then set it up as a new device to remove the Restrictions passcode. Restoring your device using a backup won't remove the Restrictions passcode.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2017 6:20 PM in response to GabsLGO

See the following from Use parental controls on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

and use the link in the excerpt for further details:

If you forget your Restrictions passcode, you need to erase your device, then set it up as a new device to remove the Restrictions passcode. Restoring your device using a backup won't remove the Restrictions passcode.

Nov 15, 2017 9:53 AM in response to FoxFifth

Thanks for replying. I have followed all apple instructions. I already tried to Erase my device and set it up as a new device. iTunes will not allow unless I turn off find my iPhone, which cannot be done as I need the restriction code. My iTunes and iPhone operating systems are up to date. I have tried everything and am becoming Increasingly frustrated. Especially since I know my restriction code (my phone access and restriction code were the same) The new iOS download either reset it to an unknown code or will not recognize my code. Any other suggestions?

Nov 15, 2017 12:51 PM in response to FoxFifth

I tried that, too. Ugh...first it said turn off find my iPhone. The second time I tried it (and the third and the fourth) it said iTunes was not compatible with my current iOS, and to verify I had the current version of iTunes...which I verified. At this point I’m disgusted. Thank you so much for all your help. Maybe you have another suggestion?

Restrictions Passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.