Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Public Shared Folder Issue

I placed a documents folder in the public folder since I am going to move to a new user, but the documents folder I put in the shared folder does not show up for the other user. Have it shared.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), macOS Sierra (10.12.5)

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 5:01 PM

5 replies

Nov 13, 2017 9:58 AM in response to spinningstill

Normally, moving to a new user for troubleshooting doesn't require transferring all the normal account data.

Do a backup, preferable 2 separate ones on 2 drives. Boot to the Recovery Volume (command - R on a restart or hold down the option/alt key during a restart) and select Recovery Volume. Run Disk Utility and select First Aid. Reboot normally and test. It is possible your hard drive is beginning to fail. You might want to take it to an Apple Store fore testing.

If you live near an Apple Store, make a Genius Bar appointment to have the computer tested. Supposedly there is no charge for testing. Use 2nd link if not near an Apple Store or aren’t in the US. Hardware Repair - Keeping Confidential Data Safe
Take the original purchase receipt with you.

Genius Bar Reservation US

Authorized Service Provider

Public Shared Folder Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.