Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MY iPhone 6 has 50GB of stuff on the Phones storage but only 17GB of data are being backed up to Icoud Why?????

So I have an iPhone 6 64GB and currently have 50GB of data on that phone. I just upgraded to the 200GB iCloud storage but when iCloud backs everything up it says only 17GB have been backed up. Why is that and what can I do to get everything onto iCloud

iPhone 6, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 5:07 PM

2 replies

Nov 12, 2017 5:32 PM in response to longjump4life

See this article:

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Note that:

Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backup only include information and settings stored on your device. It doesn’t include the information already stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, shared photos, iCloud Photo Library, My Photo Stream, and files you store in iCloud Drive.

and

1. If you turn on iCloud Photo Library on your device, your photos and videos are already stored in iCloud, so they aren't included in your iCloud backup.
2. Your iCloud Backup includes information about the content you buy, but not the content itself. When you restore from an iCloud backup, your purchased content is automatically redownloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store. This also means that music you may have imported from a CD via iTunes is not backed up. You will have to resync this from iTunes.

MY iPhone 6 has 50GB of stuff on the Phones storage but only 17GB of data are being backed up to Icoud Why?????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.