Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot record software drums in GarageBand 10.2.0

I cannot record software drums in GarageBand 10.2.0. I have downloaded the plug-ins ‘Drum Pro’ and ‘Beatfactory Drums’ and they run fine within the program. When I hit the snare drum for example I can hear it and I see a signal is being sent to GB as indicated by the pulsating volume level light. However when I hit the record button the playhead starts moving, but no recording track is created. Does someone know how to fix this?

GarageBand 10, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 6:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 9:28 AM

Two things:

First, make sure you don't have a Drummer Track selected. You cannot record on those Tracks (although you can play them with your MIDI Keyboard). Those Tracks require a Drummer Region where you set the play instructions.

If you select an Instrument Track, you should be able to record you incoming MIDI signal. Keep in mind that just pressing record doesn't do anything. GarageBand only creates a new MIDI REgion if it receives a MIDI signal.

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

EdgarRothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or lin

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2017 9:28 AM in response to loopline

Two things:

First, make sure you don't have a Drummer Track selected. You cannot record on those Tracks (although you can play them with your MIDI Keyboard). Those Tracks require a Drummer Region where you set the play instructions.

If you select an Instrument Track, you should be able to record you incoming MIDI signal. Keep in mind that just pressing record doesn't do anything. GarageBand only creates a new MIDI REgion if it receives a MIDI signal.

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

EdgarRothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or lin

Cannot record software drums in GarageBand 10.2.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.