Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iPad 2017 suddenly went cloudy after I adjusted the script size to slightly larger.

I bought a new iPad 2017 two days ago. I was going through the User's Guide tonight and opened the Settings App. I noticed that I could enlarge the script, so I increased the script size by one increment. I stopped using the iPad for awhile and it went dark. When I pushed the Home button, the display came up so cloudy that I just see very indistinct clouds of colors. I think it is out of focus. What do I do now?

iPad Wi-Fi, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 7:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2017 12:46 PM

Hey hhc3!

I understand you're curious about a blurry display, and the good news is, you've come to the right place.

First, make sure you've restarted your iPad: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you can't restart your iPad normally, you can force it to restart:

On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

From If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

If the display is still out of focus to the point where you can't see or select anything on the screen, you won't be able to revert any changes in Settings that you made the other day. You also won't be able to reset the general device settings to default. That leaves us with restoring the device from a back up (if you have one), or to factory new settings using iTunes on a computer.

Here are the steps to restore to factory new settings: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

If you have a back up that you can restore from, here are the steps to do that: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Either way, that should take care of this, but let me know if the display is still blurry after you try restoring. Cheers!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2017 12:46 PM in response to hhc3

Hey hhc3!

I understand you're curious about a blurry display, and the good news is, you've come to the right place.

First, make sure you've restarted your iPad: Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you can't restart your iPad normally, you can force it to restart:

On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

From If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

If the display is still out of focus to the point where you can't see or select anything on the screen, you won't be able to revert any changes in Settings that you made the other day. You also won't be able to reset the general device settings to default. That leaves us with restoring the device from a back up (if you have one), or to factory new settings using iTunes on a computer.

Here are the steps to restore to factory new settings: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

If you have a back up that you can restore from, here are the steps to do that: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Either way, that should take care of this, but let me know if the display is still blurry after you try restoring. Cheers!

Nov 17, 2017 12:54 PM in response to 7achance

I appreciate your advice. I couldn't use iTunes because it was locked out by my password. I couldn't see the screen clearly enough to type in a password. I held in the On/Off button and Home button simultaneously for 10 sec until the Apple logo appeared, and soon a window appeared asking for my password. Another window then appeared asking for my password, and normal operation followed. I had tried the 10-sec maneuver previously and it didn't work, but it worked this time. My display is normal again. Thanks.

My new iPad 2017 suddenly went cloudy after I adjusted the script size to slightly larger.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.