Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is imovie 9.0.9 compatible with High Sierra?

Is imovie 9.0.9 compatible with High Sierra? It works on my iMac (late 2015). I prefer this version over Apple's latest iMovie because I can use 2 monitors and use iDVD.

IMAC (RETINA 5K, 27-INCH, LATE 2015), macOS Sierra (10.12.6), 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5, 24 gb memory

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 7:58 PM

4 replies

Nov 12, 2017 9:00 PM in response to la-cmp

Hi,

iMovie 9.0.9 is not entirely compatible with operating systems from El Capitan and later, including High Sierra. Lots of

issues have been reported.

You can use iDVD with latest version of iMovie (iMovie 10.1.8) and High Sierra. It just doesn't have the feature of a direct upload to iDVD. What you do is share your movie to your desktop and then drag it into an iDVD open project window. As for using 2 montors, you should be able to do that as well. Where have you heard information to the contrary?

In any event, if you decide to update to current iMovie you still can keep iMovie 9.0.9 on your computer and use it to whatever extent it will function with High Sierra.

-- Rich

Nov 12, 2017 11:20 PM in response to la-cmp

There have been several posters on this forum who state that they use external monitors with Mac laptops running iMovie 10.x.x. There was a crashing issue that apparently has been resolved by starting up with the laptop lid open rather than closed. It can be closed after the start up. I assume that external monitors would also work with an iMac, but don't have specific data on that.

-- Rich

Is imovie 9.0.9 compatible with High Sierra?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.