Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone x LTE compatibility

I bought Iphone x A1865 from Hong kong and am using it in Korea. No issue so far.

What I wonder is if I bring it to Canada, will it be fully compatible (including LTE services) with Canadian carriers like Fido and Rogers?

I checked the apple web page and realized Hongkong Iphone is A1865 whereas Canada Iphone is A1901.

Does this mean Canadian carriers only support A1901?

iPhone X, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 8:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 3:19 AM

The A 1901 does not support CMDA and that is the main difference between the two.

Your phone should work properly.

You can see which bands overlap here.

iPhone X - Technical Specifications - Apple

2 replies

Nov 13, 2017 4:19 AM in response to madra31

I would do what @madra31 suggests. Past the 6S and 6S Plus, all successive iPhone models sold in Canada are GSM only and have Intel modems. I have a 6S Plus that CDMA and GSM. And a headphone jack. Cheap shot right there. Canada does not use CDMA, we are on GSM and the iPhone 8, 8 Plus and X that have Qualcomm modems have been known to not return to LTE on the Freedom network (Provider) after a phone call. This requires a phone restart or Airplane Mode toggled on and then off. The Intel modems will return to LTE after a call if you are on Freedom as your provider. Modem in this case is the cell antenna used to connect your phone with your provider's network.

Something else to keep in mind.

Iphone x LTE compatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.