Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove my phone number from my phone until I get a new one so I can receive iMessages through my emails.

iPhone 6s

Have not installed new update 11. because of all the error problems. Waiting on update with those corrected.

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 8:44 PM

1 reply

Nov 13, 2017 12:51 PM in response to jovghn

Greetings jovghn,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Based on the title of your post, you would like to remove your phone number from your iPhone until you get a new one so you can receive iMessages via your email address. I'll be happy to help assist you with this.

You can remove your phone number from Messages using the steps in this support article: Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime , specifically:

Remove your phone number

If you don't want calls or messages for your iPhone on your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac, you can remove your phone number. There are two ways to do this:

• On your iPhone, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Sign out of your Apple ID account. Then go to Settings > FaceTime and sign out of your Apple ID account.
  • If the phone number that you want to remove belongs to an iPhone that you can't access, change your Apple ID password. This removes all phone numbers from your iPad, iPod touch, and Mac. Calls or messages for the removed numbers won't appear on those devices anymore.

If you have questions, contact Apple Support.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Take care.

How do I remove my phone number from my phone until I get a new one so I can receive iMessages through my emails.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.