Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Can I restore my I-phone without a SIM card? Mine was stolen, I told Apple, and they've sent me restore instructions

My SIM card was stolen from my Iphone. I called both Verizon and Apple Apple sent me instructions to restore my phone - - it's not working. Don't I need a SIM card to do that? They knew I don't have one.......

Posted on

Page content loaded

Nov 12, 2017 8:35 PM in response to NDraper In response to NDraper

Why would you need to restore your iPhone if the sim card was stolen?

The Sim card is what gives your phone, cellular service, to make calls, send messages etc... you would need to request one from Verizon with your active service on it.

Restoring the iPhone, does not require a sim card. Activating it after restoring it, does.

Nov 12, 2017 8:35 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 12, 2017 11:05 PM in response to NDraper In response to NDraper

the phone was disabled, because the person who stole the SIM card first tried to use the phone - - and didn't key in the correct passcode. I was sent instructions from Apple to "restore" the phone. It's not working at all. My question was if it is because it doesn't have a SIM card.

Nov 12, 2017 11:05 PM

Reply Helpful

Nov 13, 2017 8:31 AM in response to NDraper In response to NDraper

No. Not having a sim card has nothing to do with being disabled. It can have a sim card and still be disabled or not have a sim card and not be disabled.

You'll need to restore it to enable it again, and once its restored, it will require a new sim card to be activated.

Restoring in and of itself does not require a sim card. Activation after restoring will require a sim card.

The Sim card does not need to have active service though. And if the iPhone is recent enough, it can even be from any carrier, does not need to be from Verizon, as they don't lock the GSM side of the iPhone in recent models.

Nov 13, 2017 8:31 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: NDraper

Question: Can I restore my I-phone without a SIM card? Mine was stolen, I told Apple, and they've sent me restore instructions