Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I restore my I-phone without a SIM card? Mine was stolen, I told Apple, and they've sent me restore instructions

My SIM card was stolen from my Iphone. I called both Verizon and Apple Apple sent me instructions to restore my phone - - it's not working. Don't I need a SIM card to do that? They knew I don't have one.......

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 8:33 PM

4 replies

Nov 13, 2017 8:31 AM in response to NDraper

No. Not having a sim card has nothing to do with being disabled. It can have a sim card and still be disabled or not have a sim card and not be disabled.

You'll need to restore it to enable it again, and once its restored, it will require a new sim card to be activated.

Restoring in and of itself does not require a sim card. Activation after restoring will require a sim card.

The Sim card does not need to have active service though. And if the iPhone is recent enough, it can even be from any carrier, does not need to be from Verizon, as they don't lock the GSM side of the iPhone in recent models.

Can I restore my I-phone without a SIM card? Mine was stolen, I told Apple, and they've sent me restore instructions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.