Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inability to press any app on the home screen or power off my phone

I have an Iphone 7. I'm able to lock and unlock my phone. The lock screen is working perfectly fine. I can swipe up, down, and to the left. I'm receiving notifications. As soon as I enter my home screen, I'm unable to activate any app or swipe right to view other apps. I can still swipe up and down on the homescreen, but if i click a notification, sent by an application, It won't let me activate it. I touch it and nothing happens. The Google Chrome app, that i have on my task bar, is shaded dark (as if I had just click it). I don't know what to do. Everytime I try to turn off my phone, it simply locks it. I've tried holding down the home button and the power button, just the power button, as well as playing with the volume buttons. I can't turn it off. It's been 20 minutes and nothing has happened. PLEASE HELP ME.

iPhone 7, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 8:17 PM

1 reply

Inability to press any app on the home screen or power off my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.