Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with this update?

I’ve got aMac Mini core i7 2.3GHZ 4GB RAM 1TB HDD (Late 2012). This software update appeared to be installed and I accepted. During the process, it suddenly stopped with a message in a window that it was unable to update because something (a file) was missing. The only option to continue was a button to restart. I clicked this button but after a minutes the same window appeared again. Now I can’t use the Mac. What can I do? Any suggestion?

Mac mini (Late 2012), Mac with the last update

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 10:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 2:26 PM

Hello Edrocket,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you tried to install an update to your Mac mini but there was an error requiring you to restart the computer. After the restart is it asking you to restart again? If this was an update to macOS and not an app like iMovie or something else, you may want to try starting up in safe mode or possibly reinstalling macOS afterward. I would recommend you read these articles and use them to help troubleshoot the issue.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

How to reinstall macOS

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2017 2:26 PM in response to Edrocket

Hello Edrocket,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you tried to install an update to your Mac mini but there was an error requiring you to restart the computer. After the restart is it asking you to restart again? If this was an update to macOS and not an app like iMovie or something else, you may want to try starting up in safe mode or possibly reinstalling macOS afterward. I would recommend you read these articles and use them to help troubleshoot the issue.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac

How to reinstall macOS

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

Nov 20, 2017 5:48 AM in response to i_rina

Thanks for your reply i_rina.

Yes, the update was to the MacOS High Sierra and it stopped during the process. I tried to restart in safe mode but it took a lot of time.

I think it was an internet error during the update. I power on the Mac Mini the next day and it started the update again from zero. So now, it is working great.

Thanks for your support,

Ed

Problems with this update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.