Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing "podcasts" app. how do I replace it?

I now have to use third party apps for my podcasts, because the "Podcasts" app on my ipod Touch (6th gen) has disappeared. How do I replace it? (It does not show up in the app store...)

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 9:23 PM

2 replies

Nov 13, 2017 1:49 PM in response to krgingerich01

krgingerich01 wrote:

...the "Podcasts" app on my ipod Touch (6th gen) has disappeared. ... (It does not show up in the app store...)

I can find it in the App store, by searching "Podcasts", so it is there.

In addition to checking the Restrictions, as advised by stevejobsfan, look in the store again.

Once found in the App Store, if it has an "OPEN" button next to the logo, I believe that means it is currently installed on your iPod. If it has a cloud symbol next to the logo that means it is not currently installed on your iPod, but tap the cloud to download and re-install it. (I've just tried this on my iPod using both Podcasts (which I use, so don't want to test delete) and Facetime, for which I have no use.

If the Podcasts app in the Store does have the OPEN button next to it, but you cannot see it on your iPod, try using the Search facility on your iPod to look for it and also check the folders on the home screens (such as the Extras folder) to see if you have managed to move it into one of them. If all else fails, simply return to the store and tap the OPEN button, which will open up the app on your iPod.

The test: the Facetime logo was displayed on my home screen from new, but when tapped the message telling me it "could not open at this time" was displayed. Tapping it again caused it to download from the Store. Now that it was installed I simply tap-and-held the Facetime logo and deleted it again. If I look in the Store once more, Facetime is shown as a cloud.

Missing "podcasts" app. how do I replace it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.