Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you retrieve notifications once cleared?

I viewed my notifications this morning and clicked on one, then wanted to go back and view it and it’s vanished. Can you view them again? Or are they lost?

iPhone 5s, iOS 11.1

Posted on Nov 12, 2017 11:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2017 2:39 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities HelpSmith17,

I see that you have a question about viewing notifications again after viewing them once. That's a great question, and I'd be happy to help.

Once you've opened the notification, it does get removed from the notification screen. If you do not open the notification from the notification screen it will stay there until you clear your notifications.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
​Have a great day!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2017 2:39 PM in response to HelpSmith17

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities HelpSmith17,

I see that you have a question about viewing notifications again after viewing them once. That's a great question, and I'd be happy to help.

Once you've opened the notification, it does get removed from the notification screen. If you do not open the notification from the notification screen it will stay there until you clear your notifications.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
​Have a great day!

Can you retrieve notifications once cleared?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.